Friday, January 30, 2015

Prepping a Home for Sale: 10 Simple Staging Tips


 100077432.jpg.rendition.largest
 

Last week, I attended an open house. The house had good curb appeal, but once I entered the house, I was disappointed. I left my business card and informed the realtor of my home staging services. As I drove home, I wondered how many people came to the open house and immediately turned around because they couldn’t see beyond the clutter and over-furnished rooms. If you are thinking about putting your home on the market, or know someone who is, home staging is a valuable tool when selling your home.
What is home staging? When should you stage your home? Home staging is not decorating. It is the opposite of decorating because you are depersonalizing your home for sale so that it appeals to the most buyers.
Stage your home before your realtor takes images for the online listing. There are many homes on the Internet with bad photos. Don’t get looked over. You only get one chance to make a great first impression.
Highlight your home’s best features. Start with curb appeal and continue a great welcome in the entry.


















Con't...  http://www.homegoods.com/blog/2013/06/14/prepping-a-home-for-sale-10-simple-staging-tips/

No comments:

Post a Comment